[bksvol-discuss] Re: Removing apostrophes

  • From: "Sandi Ryan" <sjryan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 13:35:39 -0600

See, Netta, you're good at this!

Sandi

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dornetta
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, January 04, 2013 1:21 PM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Removing apostrophes

  Hi Cindy and Roger and all;
  Actually, I just went through the book line by line and replaced the
problematic  mark. It wasn't hard to find, being a writer myself, I made sure
punctuation in JAWS verbosity settings was check for all and whenever dialogues
started I was able to "pick up" instances where the dialogue just began and
where the beginning quotation mark was announced. Also using JAWS voice Rocko
to announce all quotation marks was very helpful as well. This way, I was able
to identify closed quotation marks which helped to pinpoint where open
quotation marks were missing.
  Thanks everyone for your help with this situation,
  Netta