[bksvol-discuss] Re: Removing apostrophes

  • From: "Martha Rafter" <mlhr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 19:45:18 -0500

BlankHi Netta,
   I’m not sure that you can do a global replace with apostrophies.  You can
try this:
First and very, very important—make another copy of your work where you are now!

Copy one of the apostrophies before the beginning of dialogue by highlighting
it and putting it in the find box.
In the replace box, put a quotation, or ^0034
Hit replace all.
What might happen and what I’m afraid will happen is that it will also replace
the apostrophies from contractions like don’t, shouldn’t, mustn’t.  But if MS
Word knows the difference between single quotes and apostrophies, you might get
away with it.  Lots of good luck!
Marty