[bksvol-discuss] Re: Questions about scanned textbooks

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 09:50:06 -0400

Go ahead and submit them, but be sure to do a thorough search of the collection for them first. There are certain other sources that have contributed any number of textbooks and at least one or two of the specific titles you mentioned sound like something that would very likely be in the collection. I say very likely because, frankly, if I have heard of them they usually are there.

On 6/18/2012 11:07 PM, Dornetta wrote:
Hello Volunteers!
I posed this question another volunteer who suggested that I ask the list so here it goes. I have several books that the disability office at school has scanned for me, the books are textbooks for the Early Childhood Development and School Age Child degree program. I was reading through the safe publisher's list and that several of the publishers of these books are in the safe column. My question is this, if I clean up the scans is it ethical for me to upload them to bookshare providing that I did not do the scans myself? These are very informative textbooks that can also be read as stand-alone books for those who wish to do so. I also have a book called, "Lies my Teacher Told Me: Everything Your History Got Wrong" and "The Traveling Pants"(which is a book about the eco-friendly deham jeans.) Both of these were used as "readers" (stand alone text) for my sociology class. Oh yea, how could I forget about the World Religion book (I just forgot the name is all-but this was also a stand alone book for the sociology class)
Please advise,
Netta