[bksvol-discuss] Re: Questions about scanned textbooks

  • From: Madeleine Linares <Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 23:37:21 +0000

Hi Netta,

That sounds perfect!

Best,

Madeleine Linares
Volunteer Coordinator
Bookshare, a Benetech Initiative
650-644-3459
madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Join us in celebrating our 10th
Anniversary!<http://blog.bookshare.org/2012/03/11/join-bookshares-worldwide-10th-anniversary-celebration/>

From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dornetta
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 4:14 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Questions about scanned textbooks

Yes Madeleine it does makes sense. I don't want to proof them I only wanted to
submit them as "scanned" is all. When I say clean up the scan, I meant add the
information the is required by bookshare. Since I had to purchase the books and
take them to the print department, I have a copyof the original textbook.
**Please allow me to say, I will only add the information that is required by
Bookshare if that information is not already in the text. I am pretty sure that
it is already in the text because the print department has strict guidelines
they must follow and they often do just that no matter how hard I try to
convince them not to give me all of the index, book covers, etc... they scan it
anyway. *smile* (Most if the time, I only want the chapters that will be
significant to me and the class but this has never happened LOL)
Netta

JPEG image