[bksvol-discuss] Re: Questions about scanned textbooks

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 10:33:38 -0400

Title: Blank
The context in which it came up before was the issue of submitting ebooks. Those are not permitted and the rule that was mentioned was that a submission should be a hard copy that has been scanned. I think it was worded such that you should scan it yourself, but that was just the wording and did not anticipate that someone might scan a book for another person. I am sure that if it is a hard copy book that has been scanned it is okay. You do make another good point though. Be sure that you check the collection to see if a book you are contemplating submitting is already there. Without looking myself I did notice that some of the titles mentioned were titles that were very likely to already be in the collection.

On 6/19/2012 7:05 AM, Deborah Murray wrote:

Hi Dornetta,

I'd definitely wait for an answer from BookShare on whether you can submit a book you didn't personally scan. I vaguely remember something like that came up early on and I don't remember how it was finally resolved.

Lies My Teacher Told Me... is already in the collection with an excellent rating.

Deborah