[bksvol-discuss] Protecting Chapter headings

  • From: socly@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:37:54 -0500

-When I first read this thread I thought people were talking about the running
chapter headings,
which I thought we *wanted* stripped, as well as the book title headings.
However, if we?re talking
about the chapter title that appears at the beginning of the chapter:  I keep
the page number on the
top line, in brackets if it doesn?t appear in the book. (Assuming they?ve been
on the top line and not
the bottom).  Then I skip one or two spaces and put the chapter title, trying
to duplicate its
appearance in the book, i.e., use italics or bold or caps. If there is a
chapter number above the title I
put that first, then skip a line or two before the chapter title. Also, lately
I?ve been centering the
chapter title, but I?m having second thoughts. Does this make it more difficult
for blind readers?