[bksvol-discuss] Re: Problem uploading a book

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 19:49:52 -0800 (PST)

Jill,

I don't know if this is what your file looked like
when you finished doing what Gerald suggested, but
what I do when I download a file is to rename it
without the dashes, f1, etc.--just the title of the
book and .rtf. When I work on it it's in word, but it
saves as rtf. With that simple title I haven't had any
problems so far uploading a book.

Cindy

--- Jill O'Connell <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Gerald, Fortunately, we had a version of word
> perfect that we installed and that did the trick. I
> actually didn't get the thank-you message but that's
> not the first time. However, the book is no longer
> on my step 2 page. I am saving your notes; however,
> hope I never have to use them. When I was a medical
> transcriber I used WP all the time and was really
> sorry to see it replaced by MS word which I have no
> desire to learn, particularly since I have Kurzweil.
> I just wish they could solve the RTF bug. Thanks
again!