[bksvol-discuss] Re: Pictures on unnumbered pages

  • From: Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:23:52 -0900

That's not unique to that period.  I have Stephen King hardcovers that
are like this.  Also /lots/ of books with a photo insert section don't
number those pages, or number them separately from the rest of the
book (A1 .. A10 as an example).  The blank backside of the
illustration page is mostly an artifact of the printer using different
paper for the illustration pages and not having an illustration for
both sides.

I would say not to bother with anything about the blank page, but
mention the photo side.  If you can get someone sighted to write a
description that would be really good too.  If the
illustrations/photos are scattered through the book they likely go
with the text at that point and thus moving them to the back doesn't
make a lot of sense.  I might well give a different answer for photo
insert sections since they are divorced from the text anyway.

On 1/22/10, Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm currently working on a book from the 1930's. There are pictures
> scattered through out the book, but the pages that they appear on are
> not numbered. Also, the facing page is blank and unnumbered. For
> example, page 6 with text, unnumbered page with picture, unnumbered
> blank page, page 7 with text. I have 2 questions. First, would you
> eliminate the blank pages or label them as blank? Can the unnumbered
> picture pages be left where they are, or should they be moved to the end
> of the book? I will be doing some other books from this period, and it
> appears that this is often how pictures were handled at that time.
> Thanks,
>

> Melissa

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx