[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page numbers re-visited again, oh no!

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 12:52:49 -0400

Alas I think the best thing, as far as scannos, goes, is experience.  For
example, I know that.

DI is usually a TH
RN is usually a M and vice versa

U is a li possibly, though

hice is like I don't know.

hi is actually the word in, does anyone know how this one happens.

And the rest is context clues.  I guess I have an advantage as a lot of the
Scannos, are sort of what the thing probably looked like.  like the U, after
all if the l and I are not fare apart, I could see it thinking of a U.

But the funniest one I ever had was

ediicaly  It is actually ethically but looking at it for a while it took me
a while to figure this one out.

smile.

Context clues are one of the best ways to solve the mystery.

Though on several occasions now I have wished I had an accessible dictionary
I could use to define words while working on the Braillenote.  Perhaps
someday I can get a Franklin Speller or similar device.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com