[bksvol-discuss] Page numbers re-visited again, oh no!

  • From: "Reggie & Lonnie" <regandlon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 17:26:36 -0400

Hello to everyone.  I need someone to answer a couple of questions.

1.  I am currently validating "A Guide Dog Mystery" from the Boxcar series.
First of all, when putting in page numbers is it better to put them at the
bottom of the page or top of the next.

2.  When numbering, do you start out at page 1?  If not, how can one know the
page to start with?

3.  In this particular book, the numbers are completely misnumbered.  As I have
re-numbered, it has made the contents page completely off too.  I know the book
is all there because I have read it word by word.  There are no duplicate pages
or pages left out yet, but the numbers are off.  Anyway, should I re-number the
Contents too?

4.  A question completely off numbering.  we want the books to be as perfect as
we can make them so if I cannot figure out what the word is, where can I go to
find out what the word is? I am thinking of another book that I have begun
looking at. (I am a validator of 2 or 3 books at a time. Keeps me interested.
I read like that too, drives people who read one book to the end crazy!)
Anyway, do we have a list of chronic bad chars and things such as rn for m?  If
so, could someone send that to me?  Ever since there has been the push to make
the books as close to 100 percent as possible and not to trust the spell
checker, I have been worried that what I am replacing with or the chars I am
taking out may alter the book.  If this has been covered, please forgive me!
Thanks for any help.

Reggie