[bksvol-discuss] Question from a friend--does this happen to you as well?

  • From: "Louise" <lougou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <k1000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Bookshare Volunteers" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 11:34:37 -0500

Do you get these same results?  I wonder if other people do as well?

Ok. This is odd. When using Kurzweil, I can search by author and type in
Nora Roberts, or search by title and type in Hidden Star, and I'll find the
book I'm looking for.  I downloaded it, and the first page of the file
confirms that it in fact came from bookshare, and not any of the other sites
Kurzweil searches.
However, I can go to bookshare's website, and do the same search over again
by title or author, and the book is not found.
Yes I know I've already downloaded it, so I don't technically need to find
the book in the second search method, but I was wondering what quality
bookshare ranked it as, because if it wasn't excellent quality I wouldn't
mind scanning it again.  it's very short and I happen to have it, as well as
the two other books in the trilogy here at the moment.