[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Chocolate

  • From: "Jana Jackson" <jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 18:19:55 -0500

Oh, my, that sounds like chocolate Heaven! <LOL> Speaking of getting sick from eating chocolate, I have a funny story to share.

Tuesday night, some friends took me to the grocery store. I really wanted some ice cream, and since there's a small freezer in the fridge in my room, I bought to small containers. One was vanilla bean, and the other was a new local flavor called Music City Madness, which is loaded with chocolate, marshmallow, and almonds. I'm a night owl, and at about 1:00 on Thursday morning, I decided to get just a spoonful out of one of the containers. When I opened it, I was shocked to find that it was mostly melted. Well, what's a self-respecting chocolate and/or ice cream lover to do?! I quickly found a spoon and ate the whole thing. It was more cream than ice! <LOL> I called the front desk for help in locating the controls for the freezer. He came to my room, but he really wasn't of much help, although he did offer to store the vanilla one in a freezer downstairs. Figuring that it was probably melted, too, which it kind of was, I just went ahead and took care of that one as well, laughing the whole time and feeling like a five-year-old with all that melting ice cream running out of those little cartons. I didn't get sick, but I was a bit queasy for a while. Since I was on a major sugar high, I didn't bother with trying to go to sleep until about 5:00 a.m. And from now on, you couldn't pay me to use that freezer! What is it with me and refrigerators, anyway?! <LOL>

Jana