[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fractions in bookshare files for Braille readers

  • From: "Susan" <slumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 10:01:58 -0500

Scott,

The braille cookbooks can be read either way, whether the recipes use a
hyphen or a space between the numbers in the fractions. I'm not trying to
sound argumentative but wouldn't we want to stick to the print version of
the book, as changing the spaces to hyphens or vice versa would take a lot
of work on either the scanner's or proofer's part! NO matter which we do
cookbooks are so difficult and require much work and time. I so appreciate
the work those who scan cookbooks do to make them easier for those of us who
will proof them! Thanks everyone!

Susan