[bksvol-discuss] Re: Formatting Tabs or Spaces

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 17:21:04 -0400

Dear Monica,

I  should know better than to speak up, but I replace those paragraph indent
tabs with 3 spaces, a compromise between the 5 for print and 2 for braille
figuring that both populations are smart enough to get the idea. Five spaces
really adds up in finger scanning time, but I thought 2 might be so small an
indent as to make it hard for sighted readers to see. Can't both populations
live with some compromise? Besides, all print books don't indent 5 spaces. The
one I'm validating now indents 3 for paragraphs and 8 for quotes! And I'm
settling for 6 for the quotes. Which way is the firing squad?

Always with love,

Lissi

Now let's see if I have the nerve to read the responses to this.

Always with love,

Lissi