[bksvol-discuss] Re: Formatting Tabs or Spaces

  • From: "Monica Cortada" <MCortada@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 16:51:37 -0400

I guess I didn't ask my question well.  Let me try again.  Although tabs can
be adjusted to any length, they equal about five spaces when used to
indicate a paragraph indentation.  So, tabs would need to be replaced with
five caret w's to maintain the format of the original text.  Since the text
looks and sounds the same whether it has one tab or five spaces, what
happens in the .brf files?  Which is better, or less garbled, a tab or five
spaces in a row?

Monica in Maryland