[bksvol-discuss] Re: Barbara

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 07:25:46 -0500

Hi, Barbara. If I were in your place, I would update Kurzweil first and see if the scanning problems persist. If so, then buying a new scanner may be a good idea. I'm using a scanner made by Cannon called a CanoScan and am happy with it. Epson also makes good scanners. I would avoid the all-in-one scanner/fax/printer combos on the market, especially those offered by HP and Lexmark. We have both of those in our office, and they are slower than molasses in January. My CanoScan is light-weight and hooks up to the USB port on a computer. I like it because it's so light that I can easily put it under my arm and carry it to another computer if I want to. It's quiet too, and I like that. It also handles photos well, a feature my daughter likes because she can share her class trip pictures with our relatives in Indiana. I bought it at Office Depot for $79 4 years ago. My friend Shane has bought a newer model and is happy with his too. I hope this helps.

Monica Willyard

On Friday 11/3/2006 03:57 AM, you wrote:
I have an HP scanner and am using Kurzweil 7.02 software. I am having scanning problems. I plan to upgrade to Kurzweil 11 when it comes out. Should I also buy a new scanner? If I should, what scanner would you recommend?

Barbara