[bksvol-discuss] Re: Barbara

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 19:01:37 -0500

Barbara,

You should have received some volunteering instructions in an e-mail from
Bookshare.  If you didn't, then you can find them at the following website:

www.jbrownell.com/bks

This site also has some tips you should read related to volunteering.  You
should definitely read the one titled something like 'Guidelines For
Submission Fields' because it explains how the form should be filled out.
Many volunteers don't bother to read it, and they have their validations
kicked back for the form to be fielled out properly.

You'll find that there's a lot to learn, and the more you learn, the better
your books will turn out.  There's not a lot to learn though before you can
contribute, so pick an easy book and give it a try.  I'll let others
recommend easy books.  If they don't volunteer some easy ones because they
read this message, then just ask once you've done some reading on Jake's
website.

You'll have some more questions after you've read up on what to do, so just
ask the list.  That's what it's for.

HTH

Gerald

  _____