[bksvol-discuss] Re: A Proposal For A Quality Solution

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 10:22:06 -0800

Hello, Monica,

I think that all of your points are very valid.

I know two people personally who did not renew with bookshare because of the quality of the books. And as bookshare grows and reaches many more students, books must be of excellent quality.

As you know, Mike and I scan with Openbook 7.0, and I know we submit good scans because we read each book before submitting it and rescan pages if needed. We use a Hullitt Packard scanner which is well over ten years old, and it scans well though maybe more slowly than some newer ones. However, it has a large scanning surface and can scan many larger books in two-page mode.

I think that there must be a baseline for submissions.

Cat Lover Lori

----- Original Message ----- From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>