[baisl] Re: Self-Check Circulation Desk

  • From: Debra Cardone <Cardone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 21:33:10 +0000

We are currently using Library World, but I am looking into Destiny Follett
circulation next year.  I have found that are scanner sometimes does not read
the bar.  I want to be sure the younger students are aware when the book does
not scan.  I would hate to lose books in our collection.

Thanks for the prompt feedback,
Debra

From: Mallory Bickley <mbickley@xxxxxxxx<mailto:mbickley@xxxxxxxx>>
Date: Thursday, March 19, 2015 12:42 PM
To: "baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [baisl] Re: Self-Check Circulation Desk

Hi Debra,

I don't, but definitely want to offer self checkout to my 9-12 students.  Is
the tech already built into your LMS, Becky.  What program do you use to make
this possible?

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 12:32 PM, Becky Zeren
<bzeren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bzeren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Dear Debra,
I have a checkout station for all, located on the front side of the circ desk.
We are a JK through G5 school. All students check out their own books during
library classes and "as needed" throughout the day. Some students need a little
help, but that help is not necessarily age dependent. Teachers are always in a
hurry and need the most help. It is not a fancy set up as in the public
libraries. Very basic wand, students clicking on a button with their "year of
graduation" label; find your name, click again, and scan the book's bar code.
Nothing fancy; just practical; the students love to help each other as needed.
Becky Zeren, Trinity School

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Debra Cardone
<Cardone@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Cardone@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Dear Colleagues,

Do any of you have a self-check out circulation desk? If so, do you have it for
lower School, middle School, or high school?

Thanks for feedback,
Debra

Hamlin School, Librarian
San Francisco, Ca

 CONFIDENTIAL: The Hamlin School This email and attachments are sent by The
Hamlin School and may contain information that is privileged or confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the email and any
attachments without reading, printing, copying, or forwarding it, and please
notify us. helpdesk@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:helpdesk@xxxxxxxxxx>

Mallory Bickley, MLIS
Coordinator of Technology and Library Services
Saint Joseph Notre Dame High School<http://www.sjnd.org>
1011 Chestnut Street
Alameda, CA
(510) 995-9510