[baisl] Re: Self-Check Circulation Desk

  • From: Debra Cardone <Cardone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 21:10:11 +0000

Dear Kathy,
Hope all is well. This is useful information. We are planning on going to
self-checkout, and I worry that the scanner works fine, so we don't lose books
in our collection.
Let me know how the iPad search stations work for next year too.
Debra

From: Kathy Ilyin <kilyin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:kilyin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Thursday, March 19, 2015 1:51 PM
To: "baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [baisl] Re: Self-Check Circulation Desk

We have self-checkout for Lower/Middle using Follett Destiny. Standing file of
8x11 cards with patron barcodes listed alphabetically by grade, with several
cards listing faculty. In case there is a computer glitch, we also have a
clipboard form to note checkouts. We are exploring touch-screens for next year.
Our catalog search stations are going iPad and will be mounted on the
shelf-ends.
Kathy Ilyin, Bentley School Hiller Campus

Katherine Ilyin
Hiller Campus Librarian
Bentley School
1 Hiller Drive
Oakland, CA 94618
510-229-4105 ext. 2405 (work), 510-843-5162 (fax)
http://www.bentleyschool.net/Page/Student-Life/Libraries/Hiller-Library<http://www.bentleyschool.net/podium/default.aspx?t=134655>

What I'm Reading... Port Chicago 50: Disaster, Mutiny and the Fight for Civil
Rights by Steve Sheinkin.Roaring Book Press, 2014.
School Library Makerspaces by Lersley B. Preddy
What I'm Hearing... Brown Girl Dreaming,  written and narrated by Jacqueline
Woodson, Penguin Audio, 2014.
[Product Details]
[Product Details]
[Product Details]
<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1949.Katherine_Paterson>
[Ken Donaldson]<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/376732.Ken_Donaldson>
β€œIn life your rewards come from the gifts you give to others.”
― Ken Donaldson<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/376732.Ken_Donaldson>, The
Underworld and Beyond: Volume 2<http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/25107668>
The Bentley Promise<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKrVIFjr0Qo&feature=youtu.be>
See more about our
Kindergarten<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cPuKUJRPuQ&feature=email>program.
Click here<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cPuKUJRPuQ&feature=email>.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Debra Cardone
<Cardone@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Cardone@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Dear Colleagues,

Do any of you have a self-check out circulation desk? If so, do you have it for
lower School, middle School, or high school?

Thanks for feedback,
Debra

Hamlin School, Librarian
San Francisco, Ca

 CONFIDENTIAL: The Hamlin School This email and attachments are sent by The
Hamlin School and may contain information that is privileged or confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the email and any
attachments without reading, printing, copying, or forwarding it, and please
notify us. helpdesk@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:helpdesk@xxxxxxxxxx>