[baisl] Re: Self-Check Circulation Desk

  • From: Kathy Ilyin <kilyin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 13:51:25 -0700

We have self-checkout for Lower/Middle using Follett Destiny. Standing file
of 8x11 cards with patron barcodes listed alphabetically by grade, with
several cards listing faculty. In case there is a computer glitch, we also
have a clipboard form to note checkouts. We are exploring touch-screens for
next year. Our catalog search stations are going iPad and will be mounted
on the shelf-ends.
Kathy Ilyin, Bentley School Hiller Campus

Katherine Ilyin
Hiller Campus Librarian
Bentley School
1 Hiller Drive
Oakland, CA 94618
510-229-4105 ext. 2405 (work), 510-843-5162 (fax)
http://www.bentleyschool.net/Page/Student-Life/Libraries/Hiller-Library
<http://www.bentleyschool.net/podium/default.aspx?t=134655>

What I'm Reading... *Port Chicago 50: Disaster, Mutiny and the Fight for
Civil Rights by Steve Sheinkin.Roaring Book Press, 2014.*
*School Library Makerspaces by Lersley B. Preddy *

*What I'm Hearing... Brown Girl Dreaming,  written and narrated by
Jacqueline Woodson, Penguin Audio, 2014.[image: Product Details][image:
Product Details][image: Product Details]*
<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1949.Katherine_Paterson>
[image: Ken Donaldson]
<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/376732.Ken_Donaldson>
β€œIn life your rewards come from the gifts you give to others.”
― Ken Donaldson <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/376732.Ken_Donaldson>
, *The Underworld and Beyond: Volume 2
<http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/25107668>*
*The Bentley Promise