[baisl] Re: Self-Check Circulation Desk

  • From: Becky Zeren <bzeren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 12:32:27 -0700

Dear Debra,
I have a checkout station for all, located on the front side of the circ
desk. We are a JK through G5 school. All students check out their own books
during library classes and "as needed" throughout the day. Some students
need a little help, but that help is not necessarily age dependent.
Teachers are always in a hurry and need the most help. It is not a fancy
set up as in the public libraries. Very basic wand, students clicking on a
button with their "year of graduation" label; find your name, click again,
and scan the book's bar code. Nothing fancy; just practical; the students
love to help each other as needed.
Becky Zeren, Trinity School