[aztec-users] Re: Version 1.1.1b released :-))

  • From: "Phillip Martin" <pmartin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aztec-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 07:46:05 +1000

> >But wouldn't it be nice if one could add new keys by just clicking
> >*somewhere* in that view? (using the insert key tool)
> >(maybe while holding ctrl or any other usermodifyable (:P) key?)

Hmm, that wouldn't be bad at all, but it would be problematic when you were
looking at a translation or roation (or anything with multiple curves).
Should hte new key be added in on all three curves? the nearest one?  I went
with the clicking on the actual curve to try make it clear what is going on.

> >The move tool can now move along two axes, instead of just three
> or one. If
> >you ctrl+click on one of the arrows, the yellow middle manipulator will
> >change to be parallel to a plane, instead of the screen. Just use the
> yellow
> >manipulator to move along a place. Ctrl+click the yellow manipulator to
> >return things back to normal.
> great !!!
> don't know if this is the user friendliest way ... but that's not
> important
> ... the feature is there and that's cool!! :)
>
> btw 3ds max is changing their gizmos/manipulators for transformation ...
> info can be found here :-) :
> http://www.studiopc.com/support/3dsmax5/PRS_Gizmos.pdf

I dislike the 3ds max gizmos the last time I saw them. They are too busy for
my preference, too many things to click on. Thats why I went with tehe Maya
way of doing things.

I read the pdf, and I like the rotation tool changes they are making. Being
able to do multiple cycles on a rotation is nice.

> >> Segment Editing does not work.
> >What part doesn't work?
> I think i just played around with it quickly without understand how this
> works ...

Well the segment editor does not do very much at the moment, so consider it
to be a toy in progress. :)

> you should also add a 'go to current time frame' / 'zoom to
> selected/current
> time frame' function which goes to the frame the user
> in his time track/bar. ('go to the blue line' ;-) )

Good idea.

> p.s. how is the (java-)script thing progressing?

Very well, almost all of Aztec is scriptable at the moment, so its really
great. Xander has done great work there.