[aztec-users] Re: Version 1.1.1b released :-))

  • From: "Dominique Boutin" <Dominique@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aztec-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 21:12:14 +0200

Hi all,

great to be able to test/check a 1.1.1b release so quickly !! :-))

>Argh! Wrong link! Rayman has nothing to do with this! :)
>(probably selected and cut&pasted the wrong pic)
I like this guy !!! would be a great button -  :-)) - but for what ???

> This is the REAL link!
> http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/rm.vaneijbergen/pan.png
it's button on the most right side. where "ast To" stands ... which
certainly stands for 'last tool'.

Ok - where did the 'KToolPanTrack' word come from ... well I had
difficulties to refind the thing ...
if you evoque 'mouse over' from 'Last Tool' nothing but a little point does
appear.
I've setup my navigation tools as the following:
RMB -> rotate
LMB & RMB -> pan
MMB -> Zoom

While paning in a viewport using the setup mentioned above, the 'Last tool'
button get 'pressed down'.
Now go with the mouse over the 'Last Tool' Button and wait for
Tip/Description popup .... et voilà ... !
:-)

hmmm --- not exactly the same thing ....

Rotating with the mouse:KToolPanOrbit
And zooming with the mouse: KToolPanZoom (<- finally found the thing I spoke
of!! ;-) )

> /me runs into wall
LOL

>But wouldn't it be nice if one could add new keys by just clicking
>*somewhere* in that view? (using the insert key tool)
>(maybe while holding ctrl or any other usermodifyable (:P) key?)
yes i understand .. of course this would be nice ... :)

---
>The move tool can now move along two axes, instead of just three or one. If
>you ctrl+click on one of the arrows, the yellow middle manipulator will
>change to be parallel to a plane, instead of the screen. Just use the
yellow
>manipulator to move along a place. Ctrl+click the yellow manipulator to
>return things back to normal.
great !!!
don't know if this is the user friendliest way ... but that's not important
... the feature is there and that's cool!! :)

btw 3ds max is changing their gizmos/manipulators for transformation ...
info can be found here :-) :
http://www.studiopc.com/support/3dsmax5/PRS_Gizmos.pdf

---

>So basically he is asking for each command that is stored in this "list" to
>be shown in a GUI widget (list box) of some kind so the user can instead of
>clicking undo 20 times, can instead just choose where in that stored list
>they want to go back to.
exactly !!!
You  can observe this feature i.e. in 3ds max. right click on the undo or
redo buttons ...
it will pop up a list of undo actions ... one can now chose one state from
the list and go there immediately.

---
>I'll change shift to do something useful (At the moment is does nothing).
>How about making it constrain horizontally or vertically?
this is a good idea !

>> Segment Editing does not work.
>What part doesn't work?
I think i just played around with it quickly without understand how this
works ...
hmmm ... let me see ...
I have a cube with 2 keys ... one at 0 and one around 163 or something ...
opening the segment editor, there's a segment going from 0 to 15.
Now i drag the segment over to 50 (-64) - no resize - and i can see a
segment channel/modifier/action on
the cube - below cube and cubeShape ...
With start time: 6000
and end time: 7799
the ratio seems to be 1 frame in the segment editor to 120 in the modifier

moving the segment does not move my animation ...

>There is now a proper context menu for the Graph View, allowing to change
>tools, delete keys, and all sorts of things.
cool

> The shift key now constains the movement of keys in the graph view to
>either horizontal or vertical.

:-)

you should also add a 'go to current time frame' / 'zoom to selected/current
time frame' function which goes to the frame the user
in his time track/bar. ('go to the blue line' ;-) )

ok, that's it for now ...
Dom

p.s. how is the (java-)script thing progressing?