[AZ-Observing] Re: Sight of a lifetime - and a problem

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 18:46:01 -0700

Alan,

What version of SkyMap Pro are you using? I know there was an issue with the
demo registration timer on , I believe v10.0 (this was the first version
that had a demo timer). You can download the latest service pack from
www.skymap.com which would fix the problem. No need to load all v.10 sp's as
they are cumulative. If this doesn't work, please contact Chris Marriot
through the SkyMap website before you go trashing the program. His support
of his product is unequaled in the industry.

Personally, I've tried Starry might and find it severely lacking as an
observational planning & logging tool compared with SkyMap. I think it's
niche would be the educational market. To me it strongpoint is graphic, it
draw pretty pictures of the sky, but to use it to plan a nights observing
and keeping track of those observations it just can't cut ( my 0.0285658 New
Zealand Dollars worth).

Just checked the SkyMap website and it is the v10. sp you are looking for.

Rick Tejera
Editor SACnews
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Phoenix, Arizona