[AZ-Observing] Re: Sight of a lifetime - and a problem

  • From: "Alan Gore" <agore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 07:25:10 -0700

Folks,

Thanks much for all the suggestions on my recent problem with Sky Map Pro
10. Now that I'm back from New Zealand and have full Internet access again,
I was able to download and apply Service Pack 2 for it. And it works!
Apparently what I had was the '2003 bug' referred to in the update notes, in
which a demonstration timer got left in the installed full version.

I don't know when my next visit to the southern hemisphere will be, but then
I'll be ready to identify what I'm seeing. Although I had only three clear
nights in my month there, with two of them in cities, that one great view
of the Southern Cross and Venus blazing over Lake Te Anau was worth the
trip.