[AZ-Observing] Re: Sight of a lifetime - and a problem

  • From: "William R Wood" <w.wood@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 12:42:57 -0700

Sorry you had the software problem, but I bet it can be fixed easily.

SkyMapPro is my favorite star software by far and I have tested virtually
all of them including Starry Night Pro which is also very good.  I have had
SMP 7, 8, 9 and 10 on  at least 5 different computers (SMP10 is on my
desktop and laptop now) and have never had a registration issue.  In fact,
as best I can recall, SMP does not even have a registration key or serial
no.  Did you download a demo copy; I can see how that might produce a
registration issue?  I always buy the CD and install from that rather than
trying to validate a demo.  Having also followed the SMP user group on Yahoo
for 3 years I can say that registration issues are not a common problem so
something peculiar to your system must have happened.

If you post a message to Yahoo Groups on the SMP list or email the developer
directly for support you will get immediate help for the registration
glitch.  Chris Marriot, the developer, is very responsive and many list
members will be glad to help as well.

Regards,

Bill Wood
Fountain Hills, AZ