[AZ-Observing] Re: Messier Marathon

  • From: "Thad Robosson" <starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:20:15 -0700

> Truck drivers might take issue with those statements, and I don't think
it's
> good advice. It's not going to matter if you have a CB, blaring rock music
> or a carload of people. Drowsiness is insidious. You won't even know it is
> happening in the few seconds of conscious>unconsciousness that can come
> quickly for 1/4 second or several seconds. It will be too late and you'll
be
> under their wheels or airborne. Don't make ANY excuses for continuing. IF
> you are drowsy, pull over. It's what rest stops are for.
>
> Jack

Jack et al,

This is a good point.  I guess the big thing is to realize what YOUR limits
are, and what
you can handle.  I stand corrected....And thanks to Jack for the wake-up....

But at very least,  the CB does help to make the trip go faster.

Humbly, and hoping that EVERY astronomy makes it home safely EVERY time,
Thad