[AZ-Observing] Re: Meade Thrives

  • From: Joe Bergeron <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 20:09:27 -0700

On Jul 2, 2009, at 6:39 PM, J.A. (Butch) David wrote:

> I wonder at the wisdom of setting their future success on a
> telescope that
> is too small to easily see all the objects it can point to.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time. The original 90mm goto ETX
certainly couldn't see most of the objects in its database, especially
under typical conditions, but that did okay.

Maybe Meade is counting on their scope slewing to an invisible target
and then having the owners look at a little picture of it on the screen.

Joe Bergeron

Fellow, International Association of Astronomical Artists

http://www.joebergeron.com