[AZ-Observing] Re: M57

  • From: "Eric Steinberg" <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 23:12:54 -0400

This is what the Hubble shows.

http://hubblesite.org/gallery/album/entire/pr2013013a/large_web/

-----Original Message-----
From: az-observing-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:az-observing-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Albert Barr
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 10:27 AM
To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AZ-Observing] M57

I've been working on the Ring the past several nights.

My goal was to bring out the very dim band of gas around the nebula and
it's starting to resolve nicely. I am using my Edge 8 with OAG and
imaging at F10 so this is a long process. I have about 13 hours of data
now. This is a bi color narrowband image. Ha! x 1200 and OIII= 19 x
1200. I may put more time on this but I think the target is a little
small for my FOV. I am going to try M27 because it is significantly
larger. Anyway this is what I have:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49526053@N04/9092869057/

Albert