[AZ-Observing] Re: M57

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 09:22:42 -0700

Stan;

Good to see that you are getting some good conditions, the central star =
of
the Ring is a pretty good test of the seeing and transparency.  I only =
had
it "wink" at me for a second or two in any of the telescopes I have =
owned,
but in larger instruments it can be held steady.  With Larry Mitchell's =
36
inch at TSP it was no problem to see the star and lots of nebulosity
associated with the Ring, both inside and outside the donut structure.

Have fun;
Steve Coe