[AZ-Observing] Re: M57

  • From: Michael Collins <cal_donley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 00:43:54 -0700

  A little follow-up on the M57 observing notes I posted Thursday night.
First off, it was all true to the best of my recollection. Tom knew full
well how I made the observation, as he was at the eyepiece just ahead of
me. The eyepiece in question was a 30 mm Explore Scientific 82 degree
series in a Moonlight focuser at the focal plane of the 4,280 mm
aperture, f/6.2 Discovery Channel Telescope. Tom invited me to join him
as he visited the DCT to research an article he's writing. One of those
things I never expected to do, and certainly don't expect to be able to
do again.

  And yes, I did indeed see ray structure in the Egg Nebula. And color
in the Cat's Eye as though it were illuminated by an LED.

                                -- Mike --
--
cal_donley@xxxxxxx