[AZ-Observing] Re: Clouds: Pick Your Poison

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 21:23:15 -0400 (EDT)

Howdy all;

I have the RV parked next to Keith Mullen's house about 15 miles SE of
Sierra Vista.  We have both been watching the weather for the same weekend
as the Grand Canyon Star Party.  Keith is hosting the "Star BQ" at his
observatory and some Celestron reps are coming over to set up some of the
newest scopes from them.

There have been a couple of clear nights, but the wind is blowing like
crazy.  I mean 15 to 20 mph constant and gusts to 35.  AND, unlike so
often in Arizona, it does not quit after the Sun sets.  Crazy, man, crazy.

So, I will hope for you folks that the weather will clear for trips up
north and maybe we can get some weather juju down south and make for a
couple of clear and wind-free evenings.  All there is now is hope.

After this New Moon I am on my way north, eventually to the state of
Washington for the Table Mountain Star Party in July.  Right now I am
planning on taking Hwy. 93 north to Montana and then turning left.
Freeways get you there quick, but they are boring.  I have plenty of time.
 I will let you know how it turns out.

Clear skies to us all;
Steve Coe