[AZ-Observing] Re: Clouds: Pick Your Poison

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 16:30:23 GMT

15480 Empire Rd.
Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244
If you're willing and/or able, afterall, most of us are still working stiffs,
going to bed early and getting up early seems to work (sometimes!) for me.
However, like most of us, I suffer from "the mind is willing, but the body is
weak" syndrome. I don't know how many times I went to bed early intending to
get up a few hours later, but just turned off the alarm, rolled over, and
continued to sleep, kicking myself in the morning for not getting up to enjoy
the early morning clear skies especially when good weather has been at such a
premium.
I am lucky in that I have magnitude 6+ skies in my backyard and can just walk
out the door and set up my telescope without the big packing and unpacking
efforts that are needed when you go observing at some remote site.
Hopefully the weather will have settled down next weekend for our upcoming
C-Row Star Party that most of you have heard about. In fact, Steve Coe has
already set up his motorhome at coordinator Keith Mullen's house, the site of
the event. See the Huachuca Astronomy Club's website: www.HACAstronomy.com for
more information. Hope to see you there!

Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)
President, Huachuca Astronomy Club