[AZ-Observing] Re: Cherry Rd -Friday Night

  • From: Marjory Williams <margewms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:00:04 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

My mountain neighbors and local cowboys don't like to report anything to th=
e government let alone, attacks, near attacks, or sitings. They just shoot.=
 And a killed lion is the last thing they would report to a government enti=
ty. I look out of my windows and often see people on mules and with differe=
nt colors of hound dogs seeking out the lions on my ridge. A few months ago=
 a bear was trying to get into the Crown King Saloon and was killed on the =
porch. The lions on people's cabin porches is becoming frequent talk. Sit o=
ut at night and listen to lion mating calls...sounds like someone dying. Ye=
s, the heart attack will get me. I am overweight since I left behind my bel=
oved cigarettes a decade ago. But don't put me in with an urbanite and say =
my chances are slim of a mountain lion attack.=20
Margie