[AZ-Observing] Re: Astroimages from Cherry Road

  • From: "Jack Jones" <Telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:42:58 -0700

Too bad you couldn't have put the 20D on the mount and taken the equipment
picture with the 300D. So what's a couple broken fingers?

Just saw the favorable review of Meade's DSI Pro CCD imager in S&T Oct issue.
But you'd need a good laptop to run it and 2.0 USB for acceptable speed. Also
plenty of power. That kind of cooled me on it.

Jack Jones
Public Events Coordinator
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Phoenix AZ
Telescoper@xxxxxxx
www.saguaroastro.org

> Last Saturday night at Cherry Road, I put the imaging equipment through its
paces.  This began innocently with me purchasing an equatorial mount to track
a Pronto.  Now I am finding that it does an acceptable job of tracking both
that scope and a piggybacked camera with 200mm lens.

> I have promised myself not to get back into imaging through a telescope,
with all of the frustrations that effort brings.  So for last Saturday night,
the Pronto was a glorified guidescope.  The images were taken with a Canon
Rebel 300D digital SLR.