[AZ-Observing] Re: All Arizona Star Party

  • From: Rick Scott <rmscott@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 17:04:54 -0700

I forgot that the mail server strips out attachments, so I put the map
on my web site server at:

http://members.home.net/rmscott/az_city_map.gif

Here's a map to go along with the directions Joe Orman sent out.

Rick Scott
http://members.home.net/rmscott

Orman Joe-P27491 wrote:

Here are some directions that were handed out at the EVAC meeting,
although I think the road may have been paved farther since this was
written.  I don't see a map on the EVAC site:

http://www.eastvalleyastronomy.org/

--Joe Orman

*********************************

All-Arizona Star Party 2001
October 12th and 13th, 2001

 How to get there

The site is somewhat remote, but still relatively easy to find.  Take
I-10 south from Phoenix to Exit 200, Sunland Gin Road. Turn right,
(south) after exiting the freeway.  After about 15 miles the pavement
ends and about two miles further, the road turns sharply to the west.
After another four miles, the road will turn south just after the
"Silverbell Estates" signs. Three miles past the signs, the road will
veer off to the west.  Continue on the main road for another five miles,
where it passes through an open gate. Take an immediate left after the
gate and continue for 0.7 miles.  Take the next right onto a road that
leads into an abandoned field.  We will post signs along the road so
follow the EVAC signs.

Need more info?

If you have questions about this year's All-Arizona Star party, please
contact:

Diana Jane'
480-833-2002
pbj2013@xxxxxxxxx