[AZ-Observing] Re: All Arizona Star Party

  • From: Russell Chmela~ <rchmela@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 16:59:28 -0700

 Yes,this is a different site than my last time at AASP. That old site was
where the turn at Silverbell went some 7 miles south and turned left, going
a half mile to a clearing. I'll have to try this new spot with the AASP event.
Be there Saturday.
Thanks...

RC

All-Arizona Star Party 2001
October 12th and 13th, 2001

How to get there

The site is somewhat remote, but still relatively easy to find.  Take I-10
south from Phoenix to Exit 200, Sunland Gin Road. Turn right, (south) after
exiting the freeway.  After about 15 miles the pavement ends and about two
miles further, the road turns sharply to the west. After another four miles,
the road will turn south just after the "Silverbell Estates" signs. Three
miles past the signs, the road will veer off to the west.  Continue on the
main road for another five miles, where it passes through an open gate. Take
an immediate left after the gate and continue for 0.7 miles.  Take the next
right onto a road that leads into an abandoned field.  We will post signs
along the road so follow the EVAC signs.