[AZ-Observing] Re: 2004 All Arizona Messier Marathon

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:13:07 -0800

Just by chance I decided to read my January issue of S&T. They have an
article on web cams. From reading it, I am not all to sure that the
impressive photos were taken with off the shelf web cams. My impression,
from reading the article, is that to get good deep sky images it takes
considerable modification, the parts costing more than the web cam
itself. It also appears to involve some technical ability and the
inclination to make such modifications. What do you know about this
Jeff? Also, I beleive your Meade CCD is about $700. This is really not
that expensive and so I am wondering if it would it be worth it, unless
someone just wants to do it,  to attempt to modify a web cam? I am
pretty ignorant of this area.
Stan