[AZ-Observing] 2004 All Arizona Messier Marathon

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,SAC Forum <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,EVAC <evac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 17:27:11 -0700

I'm sure everyone is aware that Saturday, March 20th is the 12th All
Arizona Messier Marathon held at our site south of Arizona City, AZ.

Details are posted at http://www.saguaroastro.org/content/messier.htm be
sure to review them before attending.  Remember if you are going to
participate it is your responsibility to be familiar with and follow all
the guide lines posted on the SAC web site.

We will  have a short meeting Saturday at 6:15pm  for some last minute
announcements and distributing check lists for those still needing one
or just wanting one more.

Note the SEDS site that was down for a short while, now appears to be
back on-line.  Their URL is http://seds.lpl.arizona.edu/ and they have
documented Messier Marathons for some time now.

Late last month I got an e-mail from Kurt A. Fisher in Salt Lake City,
Utah giving a link to a Meade Autostar controller file.  I have no idea
how well this controller program works and anyone wishing to use it may
do so, but at your own risk.  Neither I, nor anyone else in SAC, have
been able to verify its applicability.  Having said this you may
download the file
frommembers.csolutions.net/fisherka/astronote/observed/MM2004/MM2004.zip
or you may contact the author at "fisherka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx".

Currently, my plans are to arrive for a Friday night observing session -
I have a list that has been growing for several months and needs some
attention.  This hinges on work schedules and weather patterns.  Anyone
wishing to join in is more than welcome!

See ya' there!
AJ Crayon
Messier Marathon Coordinator
http://www.saguaroastro.org