[austechwriter] Re: usage question: will vs would, shall vs should

  • From: tien.sieh@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:07:50 +1100

Hmm,

I've read lots of Request for Tender documents and associated draft
contracts that make heavy use of the word "shall".

eg: "The Contractor shall ..."

It seems that government (state and federal) hasnt moved with the times.

I suspect I'll think of the Fairy Godmother from now on when reading RFTs
from gov agencies.

tien