[austechwriter] Re: re working in other states with management companies

  • From: "Steve Hudson" <cruddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 15:07:42 +1000

1) The second I even sniff the hint of a project management company I go the
other direction. It's really that simple. I have _yet_ to have anything
approaching a satisfactory result with one even being remotely involved.
IMHE, its the quickest way to a slap up cock up I know.

2) Struth, if we numbered enough to fill a rally hall we might have a
chance.

Cue Wizard of Id, Rodney comes running in: "Sire, the flea-removers
association wants tax concessions! They are over-worked and underpaid. They
need to claim expenses on their income."

King: "Expenses? A flea comb is provided for them, they have everything
brought to them... they are just like the blood-sucking parasites they
remove."

Rodney: "But they cannot afford 5-star accomodation anywhere they choose to
live to be near the pets they groom Sire!"

King: "Point em to the camping ground or the backpackers hostel, as they can
always practice on their fellow inmates they should be charged more."

Working on the road means sleeping in the car or cheap accomodation. When I
do the ACT I stay in the flea pits between the railway station and the
parliament. 150 / wk. There's also B&B available through ACT Tourism
commission. If you were to join ACS there are lotsof ACT affiliates who may
be able to put you up for your brief sojourns. etc.

Steve Hudson

Word Heretic, Sydney, Australia
Tricky stuff with Word or words for you.
Email:      steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Products:   http://www.geocities.com/word_heretic/products.html
Spellbooks: 728 pages of dump left and dropping...