atw: Re: SnagIt graphics via Word to PDF

  • From: "Allan Charlton" <Allan.Charlton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:02:56 +1000

Hi Christine
In my previous project I produced a couple of shortish manuals in Word
97 using Snagit to capture the screen shots.  I saved them as .gif and
inserted them as links.  I used the Distiller to compile the PDF files.
The larger of the two had more than 100 .gif files in it.

It worked exactly as one would hope.

I should say that the only graphics I put in tables were icon-sized
ones.  All the rest were in line in the text.  Many - probably most -
were scaled to some degree.

In my early compiles I had a problem with insufficient memory.  I
rebooted the system and ran only Word and the Distiller - and it
worked.

There was one other problem I fixed along the way.  If a graphic was
'insert and link' it would hold up the compile.  Link only.

HTH
Allan

confidential/privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete it and notify the sender.
Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not
necessarily the views of the Department.

You should scan any attached files for viruses.