atw: Re: Should we give the users what they want?

  • From: "Anthony Self" <ASelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austechwriter" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:00:55 +1100

Hi Stuart

>>Written by the full-time tech writer(s) employed by Atlassian,
as far as I know. (I have nothing against wikis, BTW--I think they
have a lot of promise.)
<<

Another session at the AODC Conference this year is one entitled "Delivering
Enterprise Software Documentation through a Wiki", and it is being presented by
Sarah Maddox, a technical writer at Atlassian. She has a blog
(http://ffeathers.wordpress.com) that has been an invaluable resource for the
many tech writers wanting to understand the challenges of using Wikis for
documentation. (The documentation for Atlassian's Confluence Wiki product was
created and is managed within Confluence.)

You can read a description of Sarah's presentation at:
http://www.aodc.com.au/agenda.aspx?Mode=FULL&d=F#F2

Tony