atw: Re: Should we give the users what they want?

  • From: "Caz.H" <cazhart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:27:37 +1100

Indeed, years ago I was doing a degree in Media & Communications (with sub
in psych).  Not a modern area of study by any stretch, and it's still well
and truly around.  This is the field in which semantics and semiotics star,
rather than psychology, and also the field in which Brian will find his
longed for theories and research.  They do exist.  Perhaps you're looking in
all the wrong places Brian - technical writers don't generally have that
grounding (apologies in advance for the sweeping statement).

Carolyn

--
Carolyn Hart