atw: Re: Should we give the users what they want?

  • From: "Caz.H" <cazhart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:14:21 +1100

Whose place is it, seeing as these flibbertigibbets (if they are as painted,
and I'm not convinced they're all airheads), will inherit the earth while
I'm still on it?

2010 is next year, and I'll happily bet that the top ten list of jobs is
essentially unchanged from 2004.

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Anthony Self
<ASelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi Carolyn
>
> I don't think it's our place to judge, to be honest. But an answer to your
> question of what job they might possibly be capable of might be found in the
> prediction of the former US Secretary of Education (quoted in the article)
> that the top 10 in-demand jobs in 2010 would not have existed in 2004.
>
> Tony

> Seriously Tony, if they can't maintain concentration for more than a few
> minutes, or are in a perpetual state of partial attention to ten different
> technologies (ie, in thrall of the technology, not the content), and if a
> new and asinine language is needed for this audience of booboisies, what
> possible paying jobs are they capable of performing?
>   **

> austechwriter-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Carolyn Hart