atw: Re: More on Word 2010

  • From: "Christine Kent" <cmkentau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 11:14:41 +1000

Point taken, but the point I was trying to make has two components.

Maybe it is possible to make yourself expert on recovering documents that
have apparently corrupted in a current version of the software using an old
version of the software, but how do you know you even have to "recover"
them, if you are not using the new software to find out what is really
wrong?

I stand by the idea that the first port of call for any 2007 or 2010
document with which there is a problem is logically the product it was
created in.

Why would you go to that effort, when, as a professional, you will have to
upgrade anyway, and when you can run previous versions on the same computer
as new versions? Trainers have to do this all the time and are currently
doing it, heaven help them, with three versions.  It doesn't make any sense.