atw: Re: LinkedIn endorsements

  • From: "Michelle Hallett" <michelle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 09:41:25 +1000

I had lots of people endorsing me for things, most of which were more or
less in my skillset so I decided to reciprocate one day.

It seemed to me that endorsement was like playing a computer game. Faces of
my contacts appeared on the screen with a skill and I could endorse or not.
When I made my choice their face disappeared and another appeared with
another skill. I wasn't sure they were always relevant but I found myself
clicking away as if doing so would get me some sort of prize (a virtual
gnome for my garden of friends?).

Since then I've been understanding about endorsements. I'm guessing people
will start being wary of them when assessing a person for employment.

Michelle