atw: Re: LinkedIn endorsements

  • From: Chris Virtue <cvlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 18:03:07 +1000

I'm not only grumpy and old, but I'm also gruff and uncool.

All of the "endorsements" I've received are from people I haven't worked with.

I had an endorsement the other day from a mate. I emailed back: how
would you know? He replied that he thought I been doing whatever it
was for ages. I shot back that it doesn't mean that I'm any good at
it.

LinkedIn seems to be becoming more and more Facebook-like every day.

On 1 June 2013 16:36, Rod Stuart <rod.stuart@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's often a grey area isn't it?
>

> On 1 June 2013 15:33, Howard Silcock <howard.silcock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Maybe we should have put OT. In my case many of the endorsements came from
>> members of this list, and I assumed that was the case for Geoffrey too, so
>> it seemed relevant to the list.
>>
>> Howard
>>
>> On 1 June 2013 15:06, Rod Stuart <rod.stuart@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> It's not your assertion that you two are grumpy old men that you need to
>>> worry about. The biggest danger is that the gestapo will discover you
>>> neglected to put OT in the subject line!

>>> --
>>> Rod Stuart
>>> 6 Brickhill Drive
>>> Dilston, TAS 7252, Australia
>>> <rod.stuart@xxxxxxxxx>
>>> M((040) 184 6575 V(03) 6328 1543
>>

> --
> Rod Stuart
> 6 Brickhill Drive
> Dilston, TAS 7252, Australia
> <rod.stuart@xxxxxxxxx>
> M((040) 184 6575 V(03) 6328 1543

Chris Virtue

  __O     The revolution will not be motorised
  \_\<,        - apologies to Gil Scott-Heron
( )/( )