atw: Re: Helping users find your docs via search engines

  • From: "Brian Clarke" <brianclarke01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 20:24:28 +1000

Hi Michael,
In some establishments, it is very difficult to enter such data as Title or
Author because the IT department has decided such fields are not editable by
the workers, ie, you and me. In others where I have been employed, people had
been imbibing for so long at the MS-DOS pottie, that all they could do was
generate 8-character Filenames, that were almost completely unintelligible to
anyone else.
Brian.